Purday's Sweet Idea's
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
250g plain chocolate biscuits
150g butter, melted
1/4 cup (60ml) water
1 1/2 cup (360g) packaged cream cheese, softened
300ml thickened vanilla extract
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
180g white eating chocolate, melted
150g cream-filled chocolate biscuits, quartered (oreo's work well)
50g dark eating chocolate
1. Line base of 23cm springform tin with foil or baking paper.
2. Blend or process plain biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add butter; process until combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base
and 3cm up side of springform tin, place on tray; refrigerate about 30mins or
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug;
stand jug in small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine dissolves;
cool for 5 minutes
4. Beat cheese, cream, extract and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until
smooth. Stir in gelatine mixture and white chocolate; fold in quartered biscuits.
Pour cheesecake mixture over biscuit mixture in tin, cover; refrigerate about 3
hours or until set.
5. Drizzle with dark chocolate to serve.
*tip when dissolved gelatine is added to a mixture, both should be roughly the same
temperature. Place the dark chocolate in a small plastic bag with the corner snipped
off to help you drizzle the chocolate evenly over the cheesecake.